MSIEXT HAS MOVED TO
AND THERE'S A NEW 1.3 RELEASE
We take our custom actions seriously.
AppSecInc. Community MSI Extensions is a collection of MSI custom actions and WIX extensions that extend Windows installer, originally developped by
Application Security Inc. for a large enterprise product, and open-sourced in late 2009. The project grew and continues growing incrementally implementing everything that wix didn't have out of the box. All custom actions
and extensions are fully unit-tested.
Using AppSecInc. MSI Extensions
This is a free project. We're asking that you please spend a minute replying to
Are you using AppSecInc. MSI extensions?.
- System Tools: deals with copying, moving, deleting files out of sequence, compare versions, execute commands, process template files, copy registry keys, etc.
- Java Tools: deals with jar and unjar.
- Data Sources: deals with generic ODBC and specific MSAccess and MSSQL databases, SQL files, etc. See
this post for a primer.
- User Privileges: deals with local users and groups.
- Common UI: dialogs for installing Windows services and databases with credentials. Click
here for screenshots.
Immediate Custom Actions
- Manipulating files, folders, registry, services.
- String template and regex processing.
- Active Directory functions.
- ODBC and DMO functions.
- Local users, groups, security and privileges.
- Encryption, decryption, signing.
- Xml file manipulation.
- TcpIp functions.
- Supports impersonation in all custom actions.