Are you using AppSecInc. MSI extensions?

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I'd like to collect some field stories about using AppSecInc. MSI Extensions in the real world. Can you please describe, in just a couple of lines, where and how you use it?

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

<AppSecInc:MSSQLDatabase Id="MSSQLRcsDatabase" Name="[MSSQL_DATABASE_NAME]" ConnectionId="LocalSQLServerConnection" CreateOnInstall="yes" DropOnUnInstall="yes">
                <AppSecInc:MSSQLDatabaseOption Id="MSSQLRcsDatabase_TrustWorthyOn" Value="TRUSTWORTHY ON" />
                <AppSecInc:MSSQLDatabaseFileSpec Id="MSSQLRcsDatabase_PRIMARY" Name="RPC_mdf" Filename="[MSSQL_DATABASE_MDF_PATH]" Size="10MB" Type="PRIMARY" />
                <AppSecInc:MSSQLDatabaseFileSpec Id="MSSQLRcsDatabase_LOG" Name="RPC_ldf" Filename="[MSSQL_DATABASE_LDF_PATH]" Size="12MB" Type="LOG ON" />
              </AppSecInc:MSSQLDatabase>
              <!-- Build the Tables -->
              <AppSecInc:ODBCExecuteBinary

We are using the DataSource Extension by AppSecInc.  It works well for installing a database and uninstalling a database.  I use ODBCExecuteBinary to run SQL scripts to install tables and stored procedures.  So far, the only trouble I have with it is that CreateOnReInstall property won't work with the command even though I think I do see it in the actual C code.

Henry Sheldon

hsheldon@bearwareinc.com

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM

We have a custom dialog that is used to ask for a username and password.  We use the ActiveDirectory.DirectoryObjectPicker to add a "Browse..." button to the dialog.  Then when the "Next" button is clicked, we invoke UserPrivileges.CheckCredentials to make sure the username and password supplied are valid.

It works great and I am very happy with the performance and ease of implementation.  Thank you!

Matt Johnson

mattj@timeamerica.com

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I use WixCommonUiExtension for its ServiceCredDlg